I’ve never done any martial arts before
It doesn’t matter if you can't do the technique perfectly, you’ve only just started!
You will get to train with many different people from beginner to advanced level and you will find that all of the advanced students are very willing to help you learn and get into the swing of things.
After all, we were all beginners once!
I am not very fit
You don’t have to be fit to start training at Kickfit but be prepared for a challenge!
One of the major benefits of practicing a martial art is the resulting fitness and research has shown that in a one hour session you can burn up to 600 calories - 600 CALORIES!
As well as the obvious physical improvements, many practitioners also report reduced stress levels and a strengthened immune system.
I don’t want to become an aggressive person
Martial arts are not about being able to beat someone up. Martial arts train the mind, body and spirit to deal with situations when they occur.
The training at Kickfit will also teach you self control making you less prone to aggressive outbursts and posturing.
I don’t want to get injured
Injuries are not impossible and there is more chance of getting injured playing football than training at Kickfit!
Training drills that require you to practice with a partner are practiced at a pace that is comfortable for both of you – we make sure of that!
Full contact sparring and stick fighting is practiced outside of the normal lessons and is not compulsory.
At Kickfit we take your personal safety and well being very seriously!
What do I need to do to get started?
- What do I need to do to get started?
- You don’t need to book in advance - just come along. Look at the class timetable and decide what class you would like to do (or telephone us on 0115 924 2240 to talk it through).
- You will need to wear some loose clothing like jogging bottoms and a tee-shirt or something similar.
- Outdoor shoes cannot be worn in the gym so bring some ‘indoor use only’ trainers or you can train barefoot.
- Arrive about 10 minutes before the class starts.
We look forward to seeing you.
If you have any questions or would like to visit the gym, just contact us, we'll be happy to hear from you.